Toolkitz is proud to present Fractured Particles, a pixel styled game with the twist of having the pixels come to life. How so? Proceed through this press kit to learn more about this game, it's development history, and some goodies as well.
In Fractured Particles, the 8-bit style isn't just for show, because in this game all the pixels that give detail to the world are gone, leaving only a few behind. You take control of Lexi, the chosen one who is to bring back the pixels. How? By taking them from others of course! You use what is called a Pixel Eater, a weapon that when pointed at a target, will literally take that its pixels. You will see with your own eyes the enemies being stripped of their pixels one by one, or you can buy a bomb and have their pixels explode into a confetti of pixel goodness. With dungeons to explore, side quest to make you stronger, mini games to enjoy when you want a break from the adventure, all with the custom particle effect, Fractured Particles will aims to be more than just another 8-bit game.
- Developer: Toolkitz Games
- Location: Los Angeles, CA
- Release date: Late Winter 2016
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Website: www.fracturedparticles.com
- Requirements: Windows XP/Vista/7/8/10
- 512MB RAM
- 10MB Space
- 1280 x 720 screen resolution (or minimum 800 x 600)
Features in demo
- Graphics based on the ZX Spectrum, albeit a bit more advance (what if the ZX were more powerful?)
- Custom particle system where each and every single pixel is counted for!
- Unparalleled battle system where you are literally stripping every single pixel from the target.
- Numerous enemies with their own unique strategies to try and take your pixels.
- Spend some pixels on a bomb and watch the enemy immediately fracture right before your eyes!
- Three massive dungeons with challenging puzzles to solve and incredible powers to gain.
- Metrovania style gameplay. Discover new areas with the new powers you acquire.
- Autosave feature saves your game constantly or you may use the checkpoints to return to a specific state.
- A secret boss with an additional upgrade. Where could it be?
Features for full release
- Side quest to get even more powers and abilities.
- Towns and far off islands to explore and discover more about the history of Pixia.
- Fully draw graphics! Rescue the pixels and watch as Pixia goes from 8-bit colors to millions step by step!
- Six additional dungeons with even more challenging bosses.
- Advance enemy strategies for future dungeons. The Pixel Eater isn't the only weapon the enemy has.
- Mini games such as survival against infinite enemies and a tournament where you rise in the ranks.
- Two player versus where you can even upload a photo and fracture them.
- Gamepad support for twin stick analog controls.
- Edit Lexi's color scheme. Change her hair, dress, and skin color to whatever color you desire.
Click here to download images including screenshots, promotional pictures, and video.
This game takes place in the world of Pixia, and such as it is named, pixels are the building blocks of life. These think for themselves and thus great care and respect must be given to them, which unfortunately some humans were not too keen on following. With what the history of Pixia calls The Great World War, the pixels began their agitation for humans because pixels were used to create weapons, and the biggest culprit of all was The Massive Pixel Bomb. It's impact shook the planet into an unstable mess and this was the final straw for the pixels. Before the bomb destroyed the planet, they had a reserve: an man name Ecto, who they dubbed “The First Chosen”, and all pixels around the world had given him the power to fly off into the heavens, leaving the planet of Pixia into complete darkness.
This is all that is known about the history of Pixia before the darkness came. Only a prophecy remains: one faithful day, a second chosen will be born and when this chosen one comes forth and proves worthy of the pixel's return, they will give form to Pixia once again and a new golden age shall begin. After 6 million years of darkness, that time has finally arrived.
About the game
Fractured Particles came from a desire to do more with an 8-bit style other than graphical appeal. I wanted the limitation to have a purpose within the game's story line and explain it through gameplay. However, I had no idea how to achieve this until November of 2015 where I had the vision of a game sprite having its pixels taken one by one and thought that this would make an interesting battle system. After creating a tech demo, I saw the possibilities of this new particle system I created, where each individual pixel could be controlled and thus give them “life”, and decided that this could be the answer I was looking for. The tech demo was reworked as the current battle system and a backstory revolving the pixels being sentient gave birth to what is now known as Fractured Particles. My goal with this game is to have players appreciate 8-bit styled game and put the rest the notion that they are easy to make by seeing how every single pixel does count in the making of such games.
Toolkiz Games is run by a one man team. My name is Juan Antonio Ortiz Jr. and I established Toolkitz in 2012 with the release of my first game, Ethel's Ice Cream Shop, in October 8 of 2012 for the Xbox 360's Indie service. In the nearly 3 and a half years, Toolkitz has created 6 games, all by myself. Fractured Particles, however, is aiming to be the game that expands the Toolkitz name. This game will be getting aid from a graphic artist and music composer but is because of this, the game is at a current demo status. With the aid of marketing and support from players, I aim to acquire a team to grow this game so that it can exceed the quality of previous games under the Toolkitz name.
All assets of the game, including programming, graphics, and music editing were all done by Juan Antonio Ortiz Jr. (Toolkitz)
Selective games created by Toolkitz
- Ethel's Ice Cream Shop
- Little Rocket Girl
- Mimsy's Restaurant
- DashieXP the Game
- Adjacent Rooms (unfinished)
Telephone: (704) 241-5636